Lots of Socks
Thank you so much to everyone who took part in LOTS OF SOCKS on 21 March 2013!
Down Syndrome International invites everyone across the world to wear LOTS OF SOCKS on 21 March 2013 to raise awareness on World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD).
We want to get people talking about WDSD on 21 March, and we can do this if we all wear socks…BUT NOT JUST ANY SOCKS…brightly coloured socks, mismatched socks, long socks, printed socks, 1 sock…maybe even 3 socks (or EXTRA socks) for 3 chromosomes. Or if you don’t normally wear socks then wear them. Just so long as they are socks which are on display and people will ask you about.
AND WHY STOP AT SOCKS? Wear brightly coloured clothing if you like, say if it’s too hot for socks. The choice is yours, but we ask you to join us in wearing something which will help tell the world about WDSD.
It is easy to do, so whether you are at home, nursery, school, university, work, play, travel, holiday or anywhere, join in!
On 21 March 2013, wear LOTS OF SOCKS and invite all your friends, family and colleagues to do the same.
Other Ways to Get Involved
If you want to wear LOTS OF SOCKS and more, here are some ways you can get involved in our LOTS OF SOCKS campaign:
- Order special LOTS OF SOCKS logo socks from us. Please contact Down Syndrome International to receive these.
- If it's too hot for socks where you are or you want to promote LOTS OF SOCKS in other ways, you can order LOTS OF SOCKS clothing and merchandise to use on the day by following this link for Official LOTS OF SOCKS Merchandise.
- Raise money to support people with Down syndrome by paying £1, $1, 1 Euro or a small amount in your own currency.
- Donate this money to your local, regional or national Down syndrome charity BUT consider donating at least 25% to Down Syndrome International to support "Reach Out", our outreach training programmes in developing countries.
If you would like to raise money or hold your own event for the LOTS OF SOCKS campaign, you can contact Down Syndrome International and we will send you a DSi Fundraising Pack. Alternatively here are some useful resources available for you to download:
- LOTS OF SOCKS - Official Logo
- LOTS OF SOCKS - A4 Poster
- LOTS OF SOCKS - A3 Poster
- Organising Your Own Fundraising Event - Some Useful Tips
- Raising Sponsorship Money - Top Tips
- Sponsor Form
- Online Fundraising - Top Tips
- Virgin Money Giving - Instructions
- What You Need To Know to Fundraise Legally (in the UK)
- Fundraising Publicity Guidelines
- Press Release - Example Template
- Down Syndrome - What To Say (And What Not To Say)
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form