Every computer connected to the internet is provided with a domain name and an IP address. When a visitor requests a page from within the WDSD website, our web servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to our web server. This information reveals nothing personal about you.
The WDSD website may utilise cookies as a means of providing personalisation features to our visitors. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser's help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
We may also request your email address or mailing address for the purposes of adding you to our mailing list, processing a membership request, or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict "no spam" policy that means we will not sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third-party, without your consent. In addition, we will not send you email that you have not agreed to receive.
If you are a member of our mailing list, you may be contacted with announcements, news, or new products or services.
We will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to: conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on us; protect and defend the rights or property of DSi or visitors of DSi; identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties; co-operate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL, or otherwise used by DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL as permitted by applicable law.
DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL freely gives permission to reproduce original, unmodified material from our website. Please credit this: "Reproduced from WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY website (www.worlddownsyndromeday.org)" with a link to our website. Permission to reproduce other materials must be solicited from the original copyright owners.
Terms and Conditions
Access to, and use of, this site is provided by DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first use of the site. DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
- You are responsible for reviewing regular information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY, DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials. The names, images and logos identifying WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY, DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL, or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL, and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY, DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL, or any other third party.
- your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory;
- and does not infringe any law.
You will indemnify DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by DOWN SYNDROME INTERNATIONAL as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY site and the other purposes specified above. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on this site relating to specific material then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this website and therefore should cease using this website immediately.
Down Syndrome International
Langdon Down Centre
2A Langdon Park
Registered Charity no. 1091843