LOTS OF SOCKS
Down Syndrome International invites everyone across the world to wear LOTS OF SOCKS on 21 March 2015 to raise awareness on World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD).
We want to get people talking about WDSD on 21 March.
We can do this if we all wear socks…BUT NOT JUST ANY SOCKS…wear our Official LOTS OF SOCKS logo socks, other brightly coloured socks, long socks, printed socks, 1 sock…maybe even 3 socks for 3 chromosomes. If you don’t normally wear socks then wear them. AND WHY STOP AT SOCKS? Wear clothing with the LOTS OF SOCKS logo, our LOTS OF SOCKS and WDSD t-shirts or other brightly coloured clothing if you like.
The choice is yours, but we ask you to join us in wearing something which people will ask you about so that you can tell them all about WDSD.
It is easy to do, so whether you are at home, nursery, school, university, work, play, travel, holiday or anywhere, join in!
On 21 March, wear LOTS OF SOCKS and invite all your friends, family and colleagues to do the same.
If you want to wear LOTS OF SOCKS and more, here are some ways you can get involved in our LOTS OF SOCKS campaign:
- Order Official LOTS OF SOCKS logo socks from your WDSD NATIONAL MERCHANDISE PARTNERS or from our ONLINE SHOP.
- If you want to promote LOTS OF SOCKS or WDSD in other ways, you can order LOTS OF SOCKS and WDSD 2015 t-shirts from our ONLINE SHOP.
- Download our LOTS OF SOCKS and WDSD posters (see below).
- Raise money to support people with Down syndrome. You can donate £1, $1, 1 Euro or a small amount in your own currency or you can hold your own fundraising event. Follow the link to our Fundraising Pack to download lots of useful resources or request a pack and materials to be sent to you from Down Syndrome International.
- Donate this money to your local, regional or national Down syndrome charity BUT consider donating at least 25% to Down Syndrome International to support "Reach Out", our outreach training programmes in developing countries.
Here are some resources available to download: