Today is the day!!
#WorldDownSyndromeDay 2020 is already underway in the Line Islands of Kiribati. Thanks to the wonder of time zones, somewhere in the world will be celebrating #WDSD20 for a whole 50 hours! The day will finally come to an end at midnight in Baker Island.
50 hours – Let’s do this!
There are plenty of ways that you can get involved:
- First and foremost, get your #LotsOfSocks on. Get the world talking about Down syndrome by wearing our official #LotsOfSocks or your own bright socks, mismatched socks, extra socks… SOCKS!!
- Share the message #WeDecide – our social media pages are full of “We Decide” messages from people with Down syndrome. Share these messages with your friends and add your own too.
- Watch and share the videos in the #WDSD20 video project on DownTV – you can add your own video here too.
- Watch the World Down Syndrome Day @ United Nations virtual event to learn about inclusive participation from people with Down syndrome and experts in the field
- Find an event in your area on our World Events page – please check before you go as some events have been cancelled at short notice due to Covid-19
- If you are able to, please give what you can to support a Down syndrome organisation so that they may continue important work to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome around the world. Find out how on our Fundraising page.
Wherever you are and whatever you are doing today, we hope you have a great day!
Please share your photos with us on social media – @WorldDSDay